MYSTERY SOLVED... maybe

After tons of research and the starting of this blog, which is about my tenth I think, I discovered that I might actually have ANOTHER amazing "look-like." And it is a whopper as far as this blog is concerned, an image of no less than the controversial sheriff in Ft. Griffin, John Larn.
My brother actually bought this weathered and ugly relic at a Western memorabilia auction we attended several years ago, where several nice period images were sold, and foolishly left it in my custody... ;) ******* I'm putting my brand on them and using them here... and he can fight me about it later. Interestingly, this image was touted as possibly one of Pat Garrett, and the humble Texas Ranger style badge on the man's chest helped anyone to suspend their disbelief. Garrett had led a small group of rangers in the Texas Panhandle, about the time that the Hidetowns were rising out of the buffalo dung. He had been commissioned by area cattlemen, and the Rangers, to rout out the many cattle rustlers who were pirating Texas ranches. This was the beginning of his war with "Billy the Kid" and his associates. But after considerable research, I decided that the image was not Pat Garrett, and unfortunately I had no idea who he was. Then just recently I became familar with Larn, and I'll be danged if this image passes my "Quintangulation" process, and could very well be him...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anatomy of a Doppelganger

Welcome to Hidetown- This time we are looking at a photograph circulating on the Internet, supposedly of Wild Bill Hickok. You can see f...